POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Transmit Value : Re: The Transmit Value Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Transmit Value
From: Rune
Date: 4 Nov 2000 18:53:29
Message: <3a04a179@news.povray.org>
"PoD" wrote:
> So you're saying that the colour should be simply
> (1-t)*pigment + t*background ?

Yep. Just like it is for values between 0 and 1.

> Sounds good to me.  I've used strange transmit values
> to modify the background colour but in that case I
> usually use rgbt of <0,0,0,SomeOddValue> so the change
> would not affect me.

Here's an inverting pigment:
pigment {color rgb 0.5 transmit -1}

It works in official POV-Ray, but not in MegaPOV.

Here's a contrast-enhancing pigment:
pigment {color rgb 0.5 transmit 2}

However, it doesn't work. It would only work if the transmit value was
changed to work the way I suggest...

> BTW I don't know why MP clamps negative values to zero.

Neither do I and I would *really* like someone to explain it to me...

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org